Collagen is a building block of our body. It is an essential protein that make-up all the connective tissues in our body, including skin, bones, tendons, and ligaments. It is responsible for the elasticity of our skin, its brightness and also provides strength to hair and nails. As we grow old, our natural tendency of collagen production reduces, leading to various joints and also skin problems.
Many people use these supplements to meet the collagen deficiency of the body. These protein supplements are generally form by using cow bones or fish scales. It mostly comes in the following forms:
- These creams for skin tightening and also cellulite removal
- Its capsules
- These tablets
- Its powder, to be mixed as a Protein supplement in any liquid.
- Collagen injections are used as fillers in the skin.
- Although research is still in progress to evaluate Collagen’s health benefits, according to the studies published in 2018, the following benefits of taking collagen supplements are reported.
- According to the researches, the daily intake of COLLAGEN supplements increases skin elasticity, hydration, and density.
- Collagen supplement reportedly increases bone mineral density mainly among females following menopause. In addition to this benefit, it increases bone formation resulting in a reduction of bone degradation.
- It helps preserve lean body mass. Many people use this supplement to reduce fat mass and also increase muscle mass in the body.
- It is beneficial in the stimulation of Cartilage production, a gel-like substance that ensures the smooth working of our joints. Taking this can decrease the chances of joint pains and Osteoarthritis.
- Taking this regularly for six months reduces the stiffness of arteries in heart, improve cholesterol level, and decrease the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Poly-L-lactic acid is injecting as filler in the skin to reduce the signs of aging. Although, such cartridges are considering safe but may lead to specific condition s like skin discoloration or skin allergies.
- Its-based creams are also using nowadays for skin strength and cellulite reduction.
How to select the Effective Collagen Supplement?
When selecting a Collagen Supplement, always looks for hydrolyzed Collagen, it is an animal-derived product, broken into peptides for better absorption in the body.
This supplement is recommending in the range of 2.5grams to 10 grams daily, related to one’s condition, or as prescribed by your health care.